In the fifth season episode "Halloween" (originally aired on October 28, 1997), Dr. Frasier Crane hosts a Halloween pary in which people are asked to come dressed as literary characters. Bulldog, Frasier's co-worker, comes to the party dressed as Waldo, a character unfimilar to the sophisticated and intellectual Crane brothers.
- Frasier: And as what literary character will you be attending?
- Bulldog: Waldo! [Frasier looks at him blankly] From "Where's Waldo?" He's like in sixteen books! And you call yourself well-read.
- Bulldog: No, wait, wait! Guess who I am?
- Niles: I give up.
- Bulldog: I'm Waldo! From "Where's Waldo?" You know, that guy you can't find because he blends into the crowd?
- Niles: I don't know, but I'd love a demonstration.